My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Saturday, March 04, 2006

And the love goes around

Today is my birthday, and my hubby D's birthday as well. I'll always be 5 years younger though *bwahaha* It's a bittersweet day for us though. D's Father passed early this morning. He had a stroke yesterday and he's had several health issues the past few years so it was just one more fight that his body was tired of fighting. This will make every future birthday for us, bittersweet. The one wish I had was that my FIL not pass on my husband's birthday.

We told Superman about it when he woke up. He took it rather well but I suspect it will hit him in a few days. Most likely in ways we wouldn't expect. I am sad at the thought of Ladybug not knowing her Grandpa.

We spent yesterday evening at the hospital so we could say what we figured would be our final goodbyes. The kids couldn't go in the room due to a high infection rate, but Superman called out his I love you's from the hallway which was sad but sweet.

My heart is breaking for D. Although no one in the family was surprised at the passing, it's still his Dad. But D carries on the great traits of his father. Being a hands on guy and involving the kids in his building, his creativity, the outdoors. Some of his best memories with his father he's doing with his own kids and I couldn't be prouder of the man that I married.

We were all sitting on the bed this AM and one of our cats came to visit us. Superman said "See? And the love goes around." Pretty profound for a 7 year old.

Peace be the journey Dad. We love you. xxoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home