My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm giddy

Things are really great. I find myself continuously surprised at how relaxed life is now. It's like it sneaks up on me, the day passes, and then I think, "Wow! The day went by beautifully!" I've spent the week with my nose in a book. My girlfriend told me that I should read the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. The storyline didn't interest me at all and I never got around to picking up the book. Then last weekend I was at the bookstore and decided to buy the first two. I have come to find that if my girlfriend says I'll like it, I don't argue. She knows me too well and nine times out of ten, she's right anyway. Sure enough, I finished Twilight in three days. Then went on to New Moon and finished it in one day!! Now I'm 300 pages into Eclipse and will be sad when I finish Breaking Dawn. And yes, here I shall put it in writing. She was right. I love it! ;)

Superman has been keeping busy as well. He's been working hard on his reading and English. He flew through 5 pages of work on Friday in just a few minutes. It was incredible! He did all of the writing himself and was relaxed while he did it. That's a big first for him. He also did 10 math questions in under 2 minutes. Again, a big stride forward.

Ladybug came home from school on Friday and said to me, "Mommy, we were in the gym and the bell rang. And we went to the fire station outside and it was cold so they put us in someones car." Uh....I had to investigate that one a little more. I think what she was trying to say was that there was a fire alarm and they had to go outside but it was -25*C and without coats, very chilly for the little ones so the staff took them to their cars and stayed with them until it was time to go back inside. It kept them out of the wind. But it's incredible how things can sound just a little off when you hear the three year old version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home