My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Annnnd....we're back!

I have had to put everything on the back burner for the past few weeks. The whole family ended up getting dreadfully ill. Ladybug had a nasty virus that kept her in bed for a good 6 days and Superman's cold turned into croup. I was afraid we were headed to the ER one night, but we were able to get through the night by staying outdoors in the cold to open up his lungs. At 2am, in the middle of a snowstorm, Superman and I were wandering around outside. At least he could breathe!

Ladybug is back at school and Superman is back on track at home. Both have a lingering cough that they can't seem to shake and my voice is still almost gone. But we're hanging in there.

Superman has made great strides in his level of independence. He can make himself breakfast and has become a pro at making tea! The only glitch we're running into on a daily basis is getting him out the door to pick up his sister from school. He hates having to leave the house but there's not much of a choice so I'm still trying to figure out a way to make it work on a less stressful level.

We have been bombarded with insane amounts of snow and today I couldn't feel my fingers when I was trying to put gas in the truck today. It was bloody cold outside today!

2 Comments:

Blogger The J said...

((((hugs)))) I hope everyone is feeling all-the-way better, and warm, soon!!

Of course S hates to leave the house - he went through so much stress last fall, and then when you started homeschooling, he did so, so much better -> home=good, outside-school=bad :P. Heck, I'm majorly annoyed at having to leave the house away from all my projects and warmth!! I don't know what to suggest besides building up positive associations, though. But hey, one point in the day vs. 10? Awesome!!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Supermans Mom said...

You know what J, I never even thought to look at it that way. You could definitely be on to something. Hmmm...I'll have to think of ways to start making positive associations. I think you're right!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home