My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

We've been attacked by germs again

Apparently, Ladybug was coughing up a storm yesterday at school. When I picked her up she looked pale and tired. By the time we got home she had a fever of 102 and all she wanted was to be curled up on my lap with a blanket. So I stripped her down to a T-shirt and undies so that she could cool off a bit and we snuggled. She was getting drowsy and as her eyes were about to close she said, "Mommy, I think I love you. A lot." I love those moments. We were supposed to go to the Dentist because the kids had their regular cleaning scheduled but we had to cancel due to Ladybug not feeling well. That sent Superman into a huge meltdown. I don't remember the last time I have seen a meltdown like that. It came about because I had to cancel the dentist appointment 20 mins before we were supposed to leave and he LOVES going to the dentist. I suspect that would be because anytime he has work done, they give him laughing gas and turn on Treehouse TV while they work. Let me just say, apparently Treehouse is REALLY funny when you're high. ;)

If I could have that kind of experience every time I went to the dentist, I think I would love it too. Hmmm...must talk to my dentist about that. I think I'm being jipped.

1 Comments:

Blogger A proud granddaughter said...

I hope Ladybug is feeling better soon.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home