My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Sunday, September 10, 2006

We have progress!

I got a call from the school and we have a meeting set up for Tuesday at noon. Finally a step forward! This is the first time I've had a chat with the new principal and I really liked her. She sounded very positive and proactive. Definitely a switch from last year.

One of the first things she said to be was "I'm sorry that Superman is still at home and not in school." Sounds small, but it's huge. No one has ever said to me. They've tried push the issues back on us and make it sound like it is OUR probablem that he is still at home. She however took responsibility for the school and that meant a lot. Most of it isn't even her fault to begin with. I lay a lot of blame on the hospital and the fact that lied about when they sent the report. Or how it was written in June and never mailed. If the school had received the report in June, Superman would have a placement.

So think good things for us on Tuesday. I hope this is the beginning of something positive. We're about due for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home