My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Worst place to have a meltdown?

In a crowded hotel elevator. Yeah, that was pleasant. Best person to have with you while your child is having an autistic meltdown in a crowded elevator? Your cousin who is a developmental pediatrician who deals with autistic kids.

Getting off the elevator was the best feeling in the world (for both me and Superman). But getting back to the hotel room to hear your cousin say you're an amazing mother is even better.

Gram's party was awesome. She said I made her dreams come true. She looked like a queen surrounded by all of the people who love her and she left tired, but so happy.

The kids are finally in bed. Superman held it together for a very long, very overstimulating 4 hours and now he's fast asleep after saying his head hurts from everything today. He then reminded me birthday cake would make him feel better. I said no. ;) So he went to bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger A proud granddaughter said...

Oh my eyes welled up when I read that you made your Gram's dreams come true. And you are an AMAZING mother. :)

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home