My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Day In The Life of Autism

Back in October, I emailed this to a bunch of friends but I wanted to post it again in the hopes that it will reach some new viewers. If you can take 15 mins out of your day to watch this, you will be have a better understanding of what it is like for us to parent children with autism. Maybe you're a parent of an autistic child and you'll see yourself in these families. One of the reasons why I love this clip is because it reminds me that there are other people out there struggling just like us. I hope you enjoy it and please leave me a comment and tell me what you think.

http://www.autismspeaks.org/sponsoredevents/autism_every_day.php

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that video.

I hope you know that you are an incredible mother...I admire your strength.

Big hugs,
~Cradam~

10:30 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Sweetie, I don't think I've said this enough, but you are an amazing mom and a wonderful person! I feel so lucky to have met you in person!

And with that, you've been tagged! ;) Check out my blog to find out what to do! ;) http://canadianmartinigirl.blogspot.com

Love ya!
~ Vera

2:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I cried.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was very eye-opening. Thank you! :)
Carrie

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home