My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Supermanism ~ Fetch!

I left the kids in the family room so I could go to the bathroomand I heard...

S: Ladybug! FETCH!

*pitter patter of little toddler feet and lots of giggles*

S: Good Ladybug! Ladybug! FETCH!*pitter patter, giggles etc*

(Keep in mind I'm yelling all of this from the hallway while I'm on the john)

Me: Uhm...Superman...what is the word fetch used for?

S: Dogs.

Me: Right. And what is your sister?

S: A kid.

Me: Right. So do you think you should use the word fetch? And what the heck are you doing anyway??

S: I'm throwing pretzels across the room and getting her to fetch them.

Me: You're WHAT?!?! Superman! She's your sister. Not a dog!

S: I know. But Mom...seriously...do you know how hard it is to get a Ladybug to go to where you want it to?

Me: Superman, she's not an "it"....she's a little girl...you say "her"

S: Fine. Do you know hard it is to get HER *insert eye roll here* to go to where you want her to?

Me: I get that Superman, but throwing pretzels around the room and getting her to go get them isn't such a great idea. She's not a trained monkey.

Ladybug: *starts making monkey noises*

S: Are you sure about that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home