My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

To experience the world through his senses

I got a call from the school today to pick up Superman. Someone pulled the fire alarm and he was terrified. When alarms go off, Superman hears a higher pitch than the rest of us do and it's physically painful for him. When it happened, his EA said he started to shake so badly that she had to wrap her arms around him to help him steady. She said his heart was beating fast and hard. He couldn't regulate himself after that and he was terrified. So she put special earphones on him which are used to block out a good chunk of outside stimuli and it helped. But I picked him up by 9:30am. He was a mess. I felt so bad for him.

But on a good note, a very dear friend of mine gave birth to her twin boys yesterday so we're going to go visit them at the hospital. Superman is excited because he's very close to my friend and his little sun rises and sets on her. She was at the birth of my daughter and I'm looking forward to meeting her two little guys and adding the bond of motherhood to the journey in our friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home