My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Parental Burnout and the wonders of a weighted blanket

I could seriously use a good dose of travel. I'd pick either vegas or someplace tropical. I'm like to take HB with me but considering that would leave no one to watch the kids, I'm happy to go on my own. ;)

Superman's autistic days are outweighing his neurotypical days. The past few have been particularly tough. Lots of climbing and hyperactivity. Then the weighted blanket arrived. What a godsend! It's like he melts into a puddle the moment I lay it on him. Last night it only took him 40 mins to go through his bedtime routine AND fall asleep versus the usual 2 hour ordeal. What a nice change.

Tonight I'm off duty as of 6pm. I'm headed to Geneva to attend a workshop on Communication with autistic kids. Given that my brain is still full from my 3 days at the Symposium, a part of me does want to go but I know I'll be happy I did once I get there. Plus, the hour long drive there and then back again will be an opportunity to have some peace and quiet on my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home