My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Another CRH chapter is wrapped up

Camp is done and it was an amazing experience this year. Other than an issue getting off the bus in the morning, he had a fabulous day and wrapped it up so well. He met all his goals this week and got his reward (new video game). He was incredibly proud of myself and of course I was ready to throw a frickin party I was so happy!

Last night he was weepy. He got frustrated by something and it was like the floodgates opened. He was sobbing for about 20 mins. We had a chat about how something can make you frustrated but your reaction to it is much bigger than the actual thing you're frustrated with. I think since he spent 2 weeks holding it all together that last night was his release. He was sad that camp was done, he was missing J (his one to one) and when kids like this hold everything in when they're in overstimulating situations, it usually just bubbles over at some point. After the cry he had a great night and he slept great. Although he did get up with the sun so we had an early day today!

Ladybug is REALLY upset that camp is done. I think the favourite part of her day was grabbing her sunglasses and purse and heading out to pick him up. She's quite the diva.

So now we're on to phase 2 of summer. Heading to the cottage and visiting family. I'm looking forward to it. We'll be spending a lot of time at my Aunt's house to help take care of my Gram. Plus, my Mum and sister are in town and don't head back to Georgia until Thursday so we'll have some good times.

1 Comments:

Blogger A proud granddaughter said...

I'm glad it went so well.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home