My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Friday, November 10, 2006

I wish our days were reliable

This week has been tough in some respects. Out of 5 school days, Superman has only gone for two days. His EA was out Mon, Tues and Thurs. It's so tough because we don't know if he's going or not until 9am on the day of. If we don't get a call before 9am, he's going to school. He only attends half days as it is (1-3:30pm).

When I was at the symposium for three days, and HB was at home with the kids he had a chance to do what I do every day and he realized that with Superman being at school for such a short period of time that I have don't have time to do anything. By the time you drive him there, drive home, put Ladybug down for her nap, you have 45 mins before you have to wake her up, change her, give her a snack and drink and drive to school again to pick up the little man.

That's a lot of anxiety to live with. It means not making plans because 90% of the time you have to cancel them.

I asked HB to keep in mind that has the company makes plans for 2007 that I really want him to take some vacation time this summer to go out east with us. He's going to try. It was supposed to happen last summer but everything was too crazy at the office. I'm hoping this summer he'll be able to go. If not, the kids and I will still head out and I've got a family member who is great with my kids that can come with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home