My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Monday, October 29, 2007

I can't sleep

I've been awake since 4:30am. I'm stressed because I know that when Superman wakes up in 2 hours I have to tell him that no he can't go to school today. Why you ask? Because there's not enough support. Just like there wasn't enough support on Friday. Most kids would be thrilled with an unexpected four day weekend. Not mine. He goes to bed talking about how excited he is for school.

So what do I do? Have to fire off another email to the principal and the teacher to explain my reasons for why he's home and to find out what the status is on the secondary EA. I hate this. I just want consistency. For my kid, and for me. It throws everyone's lives upside down when you can't plan anything because you don't know if he'll be home or not. And the times when you do decide to throw caution to the wind and get together for a preschool aged playdate, you have to cancel. Katie's over 2 years old and I've made it to two playdates. Every.other.single.one I've had to bail on. Mom and tot classes? Same deal. She's been registered in 4 programs over the years has made it to two swim lessons and one kindergym. She starts school in January and then the one on one time I have with her is gone. I've only had two weeks of it with her since she was born.

Maybe I sound selfish but I envy other people who can just send their kid off to school and go on about their lives. It feels like we're always fighting for the smallest of things. It gets old. It gets tiring. You have moments of discouragement. And next thing you know, you're blogging at 5am because you have nothing better to do.

Sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger The J said...

((hugs))

I'm so sorry they haven't sorted the EA situation out yet. I'm so sorry that S has to have his hopes dashed yet again. I'm so sorry you are missing out with K activities.

But I know that K loves having S around, and I hope that yesterday was a great sibling day, and that the schedule is back in place now!

1:34 PM  
Blogger A proud granddaughter said...

I just want to squish you.

I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this all of the time.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home