My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Friday, August 11, 2006

Amazing how things can turn on a dime

The day was great. Ladybug and I had a quiet day at home while Superman was at camp. I was just telling a friend of mine that I think we've found something that works at camp and I was beginning to feel like I could have a life outside of my son's needs.

And then the bus pulled up.

I could tell instantly that he was completely disregulated, tired, and plain ole grumpy. Traffic was backing up since he wouldn't get off the bus and since it was going nowhere (him AND the traffic) I had to go in and drag him off. So nice of the people in the cars to yell and honk at us while he had a meltdown in the front yard. That really helped a lot. Thank you.

And it only got worse from there. Now I can go back through his day, and I can tell you exactly why he was acting like he was and pinpoint the exact places where it all broke down. But I can't do that right now.

Right now, I'm crying and I'm tired. I hate that pins and needles feeling you get when you constantly live your life on edge when your child is out of the house and you're not with him because you just never know when it will all fall apart.

Today was tough. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

1 Comments:

Blogger A proud granddaughter said...

Oh sweetie - I am so sorry. I hope some easier days come soon.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home