My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It was a good day!

Today was good. Actually, it was fabulous. Ms. D was back at school so Superman was able to go as well. A temperorary CYW (Child & Youth Worker) has been assigned to the class but we don't know for how long. She just finished her CYW program and did her placement in the Aspergers class last year with Mr. S. So we know she comes with good influence! It's nice that she has some history with the boys. I don't just worry about my boy, I worry about all the boys and the inconsistencies they've been up against. I'm just codependent that way.

Ms. D said Superman had an amazing day right from the beginning all the way to the end. When I picked him up he was happy and relaxed. The last 48 hours he's been very balanced which is a nice change.

Yesterday he and ladybug had a really good time together. They were playing in Superman's room and pretending to be robots. I peek in the door and they're standing there in their pj's with buckets on their heads. Superman is saying (in his very robotic voice of course) "Hi. I. Am. Robot. Superman." and Ladybug responds with "Hi. I. Am. Robot. Tee-tee" I thought I was going to pee myself laughing because that's all they did for 10 mins and they thought is tons of fun.

Tonight I'm off to the Geneva Centre for a course in communication. Hubby will be home on kid duty and they're going to be carving a pumpkin. I am ashamed to say that this will be the first time either has ever carved a pumpkin. For some reason HB and I always forget about it until the night of Halloween. This year, however, we have our act together. Hmmm...that reminds me..I still have yet to buy the candy. Must add that to my to do list.

Finally, I want to wrap up on a bit of a sad note. My dear friend Willis passed away 2 years ago today. He was my mentor, my friend, someone I have trusted since I was a very little girl....and he was like a father to me. He was my Dad's best friend and our families have been intertwined for generations and that has continued. His daughter, my dearest friend Sarah, is my soul sister.

Today I woke up with a heavy heart because I still miss him so much. There was a time this morning that I sat in my van, in the sun, thinking of him (he was such an avid outdoorsman) and I felt like I couldn't quite catch my breath. And then on the radio the song "Don't Worry Be Happy" came on and I couldn't stop laughing. He was crazy like that. Always the one with the lame joke, the big stories...and the "did you hear the one about the...." whatever it was. He made a very big impact on the world and in the lives of so many people and although I miss him like crazy, I am a better person for having known him.

Peace be the journey Willis. We love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home