My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Saturday, December 08, 2007

We survived the week! (and a Ladybug story)

Superman made it through Ms. D's last day at school. He was great when he came home. A bit weepy here and there, a lot of questions etc. But it seems like the build up throughout the week was worse than the actual day itself. After dinner he curled up on the couch and was exhausted. All of the emotions that had been mulling around inside of him took a lot of energy and I think he was just happy that the week was done and now we can move forward.

Tonight when I put him to bed he was disappointed that tomorrow isn't a school day. He says he's excited to see Ms. S and get back to work. I'm finding that he's still having severe separation anxiety with me (I went out to shop today and said I would be back at 5pm but I was running late and HB said he was in a panic). But we're working on that.

A funny moment with Ladybug the other day ~ Last month we went to the local Santa Clause Parade and the firemen were giving out Junior Fire Chief hats to the kids. Ladybug adores hers and she has this thing with firetrucks (probably because there's a fire station on the way to Superman's school so we see the trucks every day). She asked me to play fireman so I said sure. I told her to put on the hat and I would be the person who needs help so she can come and rescue me.

Me: Help! Help! There's a fire!

(ok, now you drive up in your firetruck to help me)

Ladybug: Weee-oooh! Weee-ooooh! (very impressive firetruck siren)

(then she just stood there and smiled at me, so I said...)

Me: Okay, now you have to put out the fire with your water!

She looked at me, gathered up some spit and then blew raspberries at me. I was covered in spit. Lovely. How's that for a logical response? I mean she did what I told her to. Superman and I nearly died laughing. Ladybug has since learned that you can ALSO pretend to hold a hose and make a "Shhhhh" noise to simulate water. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger The J said...

OMG, she's killing me here!!!!!!!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home