My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Things are looking good!

I'm definitely seeing an improvement in Superman since starting his new medicine. More importantly, HE is seeing an improvement in himself.

Yesterday he came running up to me and said, "Mommy! I was going to go and grab Ladybugs head but I stopped myself!" I was over the moon happy and Ladybug ran up to him, wrapped her arms around his waist, kissed his belly and said in a little voice "Thank you Superman". She's very aware of her big brother's needs. It amazes me how intuitive she is for 2.

School has been going well. Unfortunately his favourite EA hasn't been able to make it to work this week due to an injury but Superman has really enjoyed his secondary EA and he's been able to stay his usual hours. Today was the exception because his teacher had to teach grade 1 music in the afternoon so they were short staffed. But they had him stay an hour later in the morning to make up for the hour missed in the afternoon.

What I had found exciting is that he usually has a meltdown if Ms. D is away but he's handled it remarkably well! Today they said he was a bit out of sorts but it's not surprising. Our usual 15 min drive to school took 40 mins due to a major road being shut down in both directions. So I thought most of the neighbourhood would head south to the next major street to head east. Therefore, I would be the incredibly smart one who heads north to take a country road east. Well, apparently the rest of the city thought the same thing because it was jammed packed! So the added stress of the longer ride, mixed with missing his EA, and then being told when we arrived that he would have a different pick up time definitely caused a bit of anxiety. But no major meltdowns. It was more along the line of emotional annoyances. ;)

So everyone is now home for the day and we're just having a quiet afternoon indoors. It's really cold outside and both of the kids seem overtired today. I put on a fire, cleaned the kitchen and just let the kids relax and read books or play with their toys.

They seem to be joined at the hip. One won't stray far from the other. I love seeing that.

1 Comments:

Blogger The J said...

I'm so glad you've all had a good week!!!!!

Jenna.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home