My Little Corner of the World

Thoughts on raising and homeschooling a special needs child who has Aspergers, Tourettes, and ADHD. The life of a domestic goddess. Documenting the life of Superman (11 yrs) and Ladybug (4 yrs).

Monday, August 14, 2006

Where do you find the balance?

Between letting them explore new opportunities and experiences, and pulling them from a situation that may be too much?

I don't know the answer. It's becoming blurry for me.

Yup, got another call from camp. Today was a bust. Apparently, I'll have lots to read in his communication book.

I'm sure that if I hadn't talked to a girlfriend of mine about making plans to get together tomorrow, it wouldn't have happened. ;)

So now I think, do I sit at home and wait for the call? Or do I go. I seriously haven't a clue anymore. Of course I have my cell with me and they can reach me, but there's that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about being away if they need me asap.

Maybe he's just not old enough and established enough for me to have a life outside of his needs yet. Am I denying the reality of it?

Looking for opinions.

2 Comments:

Blogger A proud granddaughter said...

I think for your own sanity you need to try to find a balance. You have your phone with you and you can be reached so you could get some fresh air or go somewhere so you can focus on YOU.

Big Hugs!!!

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home